...there's no place like the Turnpike

A displaced Jersey girl who adjusted to life in Kentucky just in time to head back home.

Friday, May 04, 2007

Surfaces

Ever have one of hose days/weeks/months where you're just so worn out that all your emotions hover at the surface?

It's been a long week with one thing after another just poking away at me. In the end, I find that I no longer have the energy to suppress any feelings. I feel like one poorly timed Hallmark commercial and I would melt into a puddle of goo or something.

It makes interpersonal communication a little hairy. It doesn't take much to get angry or upset or whatever in this state. The poor man of the house often suffers the brunt of these outbursts. But co-workers and family aren't necessarily safe either. Even I don't know when some unexpected emotion will surface.

I'm just glad this week is over.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home