...there's no place like the Turnpike

A displaced Jersey girl who adjusted to life in Kentucky just in time to head back home.

Saturday, July 01, 2006

You must carry cash

I was in line for a pay parking lot in downtown Louisville this morning and the car in front of me was taking far too long considering handing the woman money and getting your change should be a four second transaction.

After several minutes, the driver of the beat up pick up truck (who apparently has a child named Breanna who plays basketball) passed a piece of paper over to the attendant and was let in.

I got up to the attendant's booth.

Me: "Did I just watch someone pay you with a check?"
Nice but haggard woman in booth: "Yeah. Who comes down here without money?"
Me: "She wrote you a check for $2.50."
NBHWIB: "Came all the way here from out of town without money to pay for parking."

Okay, I'll admit I use my debit card sometimes for small amounts, but $2.50 in a public parking lot?? I don't care how small a city you're going to, if you're going downtown, assume you need to pay for parking.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home