...there's no place like the Turnpike

A displaced Jersey girl who adjusted to life in Kentucky just in time to head back home.

Saturday, July 08, 2006

Crappy remakes

Why does the world continue to make bad remakes of good movies?
Why do I keep feeling compelled to watch them?
Do I think that one day a remake will actually be good?
Why do I let bad remakes ruin my memories of great movies?

Bad remakes I have watched (sometimes more than once)

Yours, Mine and Ours: Lucille Ball was so good. This version was so bad. The kids bugged me. The parents made me angry. It wasn't even funny.

Love Affair: Warren Beatty, Annette Benning and nothing worth seeing. Ever.

Godzilla 2000: I went to see this in the theater because a guy I knew had one line in it. His part got cut and I was seriously rooting for the lizard to win.

Cheaper By the Dozen: Let's take a great movie about how a family functions and supports each other with twelve kids and turn it into a series of cheap gags about puke and a bunch of bratty kids who are unwilling to help out in the slightest. Even Steve Martin couldn't save this one. I mean, Hilary Duff and Ashton Kutcher? Since I didn't feel tortured enough, I found myself watching the sequel on an airplane a few months ago. Bad idea.

I'll address the myriad of terrible sequels I've wasted my time on in another entry. Those are even worse mistakes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home