...there's no place like the Turnpike

A displaced Jersey girl who adjusted to life in Kentucky just in time to head back home.

Saturday, October 14, 2006

I spent a lot of time alone at recess

..because I was no good at things like Red Rover and Kickball. Soit's no surprise that I've been tagged again.

1) Would you bungee jump?
I used to think I could, but I absolutely hate free fall (have fun with that one, amateur psychologists). I once came really close to sky diving, though.

2) If you could do anything in the world for a living what would it be?
Direct on Broadway.
Or drive a wrecking ball.
Either one seems fun.

3) Your favorite fictional animal?
That's weird. Does Tweety Bird count?

4) One person who never fails to make you laugh?
Wonderturtle and my friend Sue (who totall hit it off with Wonderturtle when they met...)

5) When you were 12 years old, what did you want to be when you grew up?
A forensic chemist. You see why I played alone at recess?

6) What is the first thing you do when you wake up in the morning?
Pee. Then, if it's a work day, I shower so that I won't be grouch for traffic.

7) Have you ever gone to therapy?
Grad school totally sucks for everyone. I'll let that be answer enough.

8) If you could have one superpower what would it be?
If I could teleport, then I would never have to sit in bumper to bumper traffic on Rte 18 again.

9) What is your favorite cartoon character?
The Brain, from Pinky and the Brain. Who wouldn't love a mouse that tries to take over the world?

10) Do you go to church?
Hey...not all of us are Christian! But I haven't been to temple in years, either. Although I tried to convince my husband to go to a Unitarian Church with me once.

11) What is your best childhood memory?
My fmaily is a little crazy, so we spent a lot of time laughing. The best, though, were cold snowy Sundays when we would all pile into my parents bed and watch old movies together. Damn, now I made my family sound like a Hallmark commercial.

12) Do you think marriage is an outdated ritual?Outdated?
I hope not. I've only been married for five months.

13) Do you own a gun?
Me, no. My redneck Kentucky boy has one, but he doens't have any ammunition for it. My really redneck father-in-law has many.

14) Have you ever hit someone of the opposite sex?
I do a martial art. I spend a lot of time beating up boys.

15) Have you ever sung in front of a large group of people?
I was forced to be in the chorus in high school. I can't sing, but I can match pitch with others around me.

16) What is the first thing you notice about the opposite sex?
The eyes.

17) What is your biggest mistake?
Can I wait until after I start the new job? That, and I would have taken karate in grade school and really stunned a few bullies.

18) Say something totally random about yourself.
I still like to watch cheesy reruns on ABCFamily...even Seventh Heaven.

19) Has anyone ever said that you looked like a celebrity?
Everyone thinks I look like Sarah Gilbert (the dark middle daughter from Roseanne). It's just the hair.

20) What is the most romantic thing someone of the opposite sex has done for you?
A few months after I started dating my husband, I had to go to a meeting in Washington, DC and it was over my birthday. We came back to the room one afternoon and there were a dozen roses waiting. He won over my friends with that one, too.

21) Do you actually read these when other people fill them out?
I like surveys and advice columns and things like that.
22) Tags:dragonly

2 Comments:

At 2:41 PM, Blogger wonderturtle said...

Woot! Glad I can make you laugh. Now to get working on "cry" and "throw up"...

 
At 6:53 PM, Blogger jerseyaikidogirl said...

I'm pretty sure you've already made me cry. And if buying me cider in college counts, then you've made me throw up at least once, too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home