...there's no place like the Turnpike

A displaced Jersey girl who adjusted to life in Kentucky just in time to head back home.

Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Lies my older sisters told me

* If you stare at a squirrel too long, it will jump up and attack you.

* You have to be a good swimmer to go in the deep end of the pool because if your feet touch the bottom, there are lobsters that will pinch you.

* They make clowns white by wrapping them in wet toilet paper.

* Some of the grates in the sidewalk are big enough for you to fall into.

* Before you can start kindergarten you have to get lots of shots and they really really hurt.

* In a Jewish wedding ceremony, the man has to clean under the woman's fingernails (convinced me I was never getting married...).

* Mannequins are shoppers that they kidnapped and dipped in hot wax.

* If you staple your fingers it will be just like when you staple paper and they'll stick together.

2 Comments:

At 4:11 PM, Blogger wonderturtle said...

This is FANTASTIC. I mean, terrible. Just terrible

 
At 6:25 PM, Blogger jerseyaikidogirl said...

They were cruel, but I was a whiny little pest in exchange. As much as I complain about my sisters, I always feel a little sorry for my friends who are only children...you count Wonderturtle, your brother was way old.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home