...there's no place like the Turnpike

A displaced Jersey girl who adjusted to life in Kentucky just in time to head back home.

Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Five

Wonderturtle has tagged me again. And she says I have to.

Five things you probably didn't know about me:

1. For a long time, I harbored delusions of becoming a playwright. I even directed an original piece for a drama festival in high school. We lost best play (oddly enough) to a friend of Wonderturtle. Then, in college, I was forced to face reality.

2. Until I was about 6, I was terrified of escalators. I think my older sisters may have played a role in this. I almost got left behind at Newark Airport once because of it.

3. I am obssessed with Abraham Lincoln. I don't know why. I read anything I can find about him. On our vacation to Washington, DC, I dragged my husband to Ford's Theater and the Peterson House. He was bored out of his mind.

4. I can be bought with peanut butter. I let a guy out of a $10 bet for a peanut butter cup. I reworked a friend's grad school candidacy exam with him for months in exchange for peanut butter.

5. I couldn't ride a two wheeler until late in the third grade. It was embarrassing. I could read at two and a half, but I couldn't ride a bike until I was 8 or 9.

Tag: anyone who reads this :)

1 Comments:

At 5:48 AM, Blogger wonderturtle said...

I still can't do a cartwheel!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home