...there's no place like the Turnpike

A displaced Jersey girl who adjusted to life in Kentucky just in time to head back home.

Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Housesitting

Is there any feeling weirder than housesitting?

I'm staying at the home of old family friends who just got married. I take care of the cats, get the mail and water the plants. And drive way too far to get to work every day.

It's a weird idea staying in someone's home when they're not there. Am I doing something wrong? Would she freak out about the way I'm treating her kitchen? Am I totally messing the place up?

I refuse to answer her phone (it would just be her mom checking up on me). I'm doing laundry. Is that strange?

Oh, and she lives really close to where I went to college so there's this whole eerie feel to things...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home