...there's no place like the Turnpike

A displaced Jersey girl who adjusted to life in Kentucky just in time to head back home.

Monday, July 02, 2007

The Church of Trite Phrases III

They've changed the sign at that church again. Now it says, "The tongue weighs almost nothing yet few can hold it."

I think I've finally figured this place out.

The way to be a proper Christian is to stand quietly by and accept the world as it is. To not object or ask for change or be different. Just hold your tongue and accept the status quo and be like everyone else and wait for G-d to do it all for you.

I will leave my personal feelings about organized religion out of this. And I was not raised as a Christian. But my understanding of Jesus, as a person, was that all he did was speak out and try to change things. The entire foundation of Christianity, as far as I can tell, was about the exact opposite of everything this church preaches on its little lighted sign.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home