...there's no place like the Turnpike

A displaced Jersey girl who adjusted to life in Kentucky just in time to head back home.

Saturday, October 06, 2007

I Was a Weird Kid

Time for more true confessions.
Reasons that it isnt' surprising that a lot of my childhood was spent alone:

* I didn't just pour salt on slugs, I tried to bring them back to life by putting water on them.
* I was really into Culture Club. I dressed up as Boy George for Halloween when I seven.
* I liked the end of summer because wearing pants meant I didn't have to worry about my socks matching.
* I still had a dollhouse (and played with it) when I was 12.
* I had no interest in reading books like Sweet Valley Twins. I was reading Ray Bradbury books in the third grade.
* I hated gym class and kickball made me cry.

2 Comments:

At 2:37 PM, Blogger Clarion Content said...

I feel like you may have been ahead of your time with the socks.

I notice a lot of 18-30 year old woman wearing non-matching socks these days. Albeit I work on a college campus, but not an uber-liberal one. Said socks tend to be cool: patterned or interesting designs and/or vibrant colors, but they don't match each other.

They are worn with pants, but in these gals' circles, pant lengths are what we would have referred to as "floods" back in the day, so short, I frequently see a little sock.

Weird kids make the most entertaining adults.

 
At 2:53 PM, Blogger wonderturtle said...

I second Aaron's declaration, and follow up with another of my favorites: Nerds are the best people.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home