...there's no place like the Turnpike

A displaced Jersey girl who adjusted to life in Kentucky just in time to head back home.

Monday, June 30, 2008

Flashes of a young jerseyaikidogirl

I don't know why this came back to me suddenly.

You know how little kids will obsess over a movie and watch it over and over and over and over?

When I was seven or eight, that movie for me was the live action musical version of Peter Pan. I used to watch it two or three times in a weekend. Sometimes, two or three times in a day. I knew the words to all the songs and would sing along quietly if my sisters weren't around.

I don't know what caused the obsession and I don't know when or why it stopped.

I do know that it was gone by the time I was 22 and was watching Center Stage every Saturday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home