...there's no place like the Turnpike

A displaced Jersey girl who adjusted to life in Kentucky just in time to head back home.

Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Signs I'm Way Too High Strung

I realize that I seem to comment on reality TV far too often, but this time it's a show I actually watch by choice. My sweet little Kentucky-bred mechanic has a secret passion for Gordon Ramsey and has passed onto me an interest in Hell's Kitchen. Last night was the finale.

I have no personal investment in this show. I don't know anyone who has ever been on it. I've never worked in a professional kitchen. I will probably never go to the restaurant the winner will work at. And yet, I was completely stressed out the entire time.

I know that these shows are edited to turn what is usually dull (real life) into something exciting and dramatic (a TV show). And, still, I get sucked in. I can't take the tension. I get upset when someone makes a huge mistake or when one of the returning losers seems to be sabotaging the whole thing.

I can only imagine what would happen if this were my life, and not TV.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home