...there's no place like the Turnpike

A displaced Jersey girl who adjusted to life in Kentucky just in time to head back home.

Wednesday, July 12, 2006

hot hot hot

Who are all these people who love summer?

Where do they come from?

Do they not have jobs they have to go to? Is that it? Are the people who love summer all teachers at some fantasy school where they have exorbitantly high salaries and can take the summer off and spend their summer frolicking in the sun?

I'm just sitting here in 90 degrees and 95% humidity and trying to understand what there is to like. I'm not trying to be bitter, it just confuses me. In the cold depths of winter, I can keep piling more and more clothing on until I'm warm. In the summer, I will eventually be naked and still hot and no one will be happy.

2 Comments:

At 8:24 PM, Blogger wonderturtle said...

1) Easy on the teachers there killer. "Summers off" also means "Two and a half months with no paycheck and an exorbitant air conditioning bill"

2) "I will eventually be naked and still hot." I don't think I even have to comment on that one except to say, right on.

 
At 3:22 AM, Blogger jerseyaikidogirl said...

I know teachers get no money. That's why I said something about teachers at some fantasy school with exorbitant salaries. I'm well aware that normal teachers are poor in summer. I love teachers :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home