...there's no place like the Turnpike

A displaced Jersey girl who adjusted to life in Kentucky just in time to head back home.

Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Six Degrees of Weird

Random email from a college friend today.

He thought of me because on a long car ride his current girlfriend found a mix tape I made him as a birthday present in 1997 and she loved it. He was thanking me for a ten year old birthday gift.

One thing lead to another and I, being who am I, asked about this new girlfriend. He mentions that she went to our college, but he didn't know her then.

Then he mentions that her roommate is dating someone who lived in my dorm way back when and that he remembers who I am.

Turns out, the roommate's boyfriend was my boyfriend for a six months or so my freshman year.

I have only come up with two conclusions one can draw from this:
a) This state is far too small. Definitely smaller than it feels when you're sitting in Sunday afternoon traffic on the turnpike.
b) The aforementioned college friend is, in fact, the center of a complex social web that will somehow prove integral to the further survival of the human race.

2 Comments:

At 5:42 PM, Blogger wonderturtle said...

I think you are thinking of the Hookup Web, but it's OK to want to assign it more social significance. ;)

 
At 6:16 PM, Blogger jerseyaikidogirl said...

No. This is social significance. A certain friend of ours who caves is clearly the center of the universe. Him, of all people. Weird.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home