...there's no place like the Turnpike

A displaced Jersey girl who adjusted to life in Kentucky just in time to head back home.

Monday, March 26, 2007

Is it possible to be too informed?

I will be the first to admit that I'm a bit of a news junkie. I think it's an off shoot of constantly reading. The easiest source of continuous reading material is the news. There's always something, well...new.

I'm discovering a downside.

I know too much.

I don't care who claims to be the father of Anna Nicole Smith's baby.

I don't want to know who Lindsey Lohan is dating.

It bothers me that I knew as soon as the reports were out that Britney Spears had graduated from rehab.

I couldn't care less about who won the YouTube awards.

And yet, these are all things I know. All this because eventually I've read all of the important news of the world that I can find and I still hunger for more news. It's like I've eaten all of the fruits and vegetables in my refrigerator and all that's left is half of a two day old burrito from Taco Bell but I'm still starving, so I'll have to just eat it and pray I don't get salmonella from it.

Only this is a brain salmonella.

And I don't have to actively eat the burrito to get it. This is all information you can glean from just the headlines and I seem to absorb a lot of headlines while searching for the latest important news.

I think I feel the food poisoning kicking in...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home