...there's no place like the Turnpike

A displaced Jersey girl who adjusted to life in Kentucky just in time to head back home.

Monday, February 19, 2007

Simplify

Today was moving day, and I learned that two people who condensed two fully formed adult lives into one acquire a lot of stuff.

When I moved to NJ at the beginning of October, I told my husband he had full scale permission to throw out anything he wanted to. I told him now was our chance to break our pack-rat ways and simplify.

He failed. Miserably.

We currently have a garage that is half full of garbage that we have not yet figured out how to get picked up. We also have a lot of furniture that is more or less holding places until we can afford (or until the delivery of) decent furniture. We also have a handful of things that were damaged courtesy of some bad packing in Kentucky (even the movers today couldn't believe it was a professional packing job) that we're kind of not sure we want to replace.

If anybody owns a large dumpster, please let me know and bring it by my house. Or if you have connections at one of those TLC shows where they throw out all of your stuff and make your house look pretty.

1 Comments:

At 5:22 PM, Blogger wonderturtle said...

When my mom moved she ended up having to pay a junk man to come and take a lot of her stuff away. She said she had learned her lesson about hoarding...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home