...there's no place like the Turnpike

A displaced Jersey girl who adjusted to life in Kentucky just in time to head back home.

Monday, February 19, 2007

Books

One of the greatest joys of finally having our belongings out of storage is that I have been reunited with my books.

I am a voracious reader and a chronic hoarder of books. I like to reread things often, so the library is not always a practical option for me. I own a lot of books acquired through a variety of means.

Many a person has tried to convince me to throw some books away (usually while they were helping me move them), but I just can't part with any of them. Like I once told a friend who was complaining about her husband with an identical habit "Would you ask me to throw away some of my friends?" She was not amused.

But this afternoon/evening I was reunited with my dear friends. As I meticulously sorted and alphabetized them (yes, I have issues), I rejoiced in the memories that each carried or thrilled to the excitement of reading the back to figure out which one this was. It was like the comfort of an old friend in the midst of the chaos of moving.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home