...there's no place like the Turnpike

A displaced Jersey girl who adjusted to life in Kentucky just in time to head back home.

Friday, October 19, 2007

Things you just don't think of

I got to the gym today and there were signs everywhere that due to a water main problem the building had absolutely no water. I was vaguely irritated by the prospect of working out with no water, but I knew that in a pinch I could buy a bottle of water from the vending machine, so I soldiered on.

Soldiered on, that is, until I was reminded that I hadn't thought to pee before leaving work. I drink a lot of water during the work day. This lack of forethought and fine level of hydration came together to work against me midday through my run.

I decided I was tough enough to keep trying so I went to the ab machine.

After 150 crunches, it became unbearable.

I ended up having to go home and not finish my workout all because I had to pee. Good thing I live close to the gym.

1 Comments:

At 4:45 PM, Blogger Cap'n Ergo "XL+II" Jinglebollocks said...

I've found it useful to keep a 44 oz. Big Gulp cup in the van for just such emergencies...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home