...there's no place like the Turnpike

A displaced Jersey girl who adjusted to life in Kentucky just in time to head back home.

Sunday, April 13, 2008

I am a geek

This isn't a secret to anyone who has ever met me. It's not even something I try to hide. I subscribe to Geek Monthly, so I think I'm technically a card-carrying geek.

Lucky for me I married a geek.

And this weekend was a thoroughly geeky one. We discussed new cell phones (which we aren't due to get until July).

We played video games (he likes Quake, I like The Sims, we both like anything involving fighting on the Wii).

We watched a Star Wars Marathon on Spike TV. We had a minor catastrophe when our DVD player decided that every DVD we put in it was from the wrong region. We used Google to solve the problem.

Tonight we'll probably eat dinner and then deconstruct the mixed martial arts fighters while surfing on our laptops for neat new gadgets.

3 Comments:

At 1:12 PM, Blogger Sue I. said...

First--earth shattering news. The Wii thing reminds me that a certain "sensei" has one and plays boxing on it with his 5 year old granddaughter who consistently knocks him out. Apparently she then says "get up grandpa, get up!"

 
At 7:30 PM, Blogger jerseyaikidogirl said...

I listened as one well respected doctor sensei tried to explain it to another one (from KY). It was hilarious.

 
At 10:02 AM, Blogger Sue I. said...

The "boxing sensei" was a certain lawyer...although that does not necessarily narrow it down--ha-ha

 

Post a Comment

<< Home