...there's no place like the Turnpike

A displaced Jersey girl who adjusted to life in Kentucky just in time to head back home.

Friday, February 22, 2008

Sometimes, I know too much

I'm one of those people who remembers every stupid little fact they ever hear.

Sometimes, it's a hazard.

I went to Boston on business earlier this week and for the entire week leading up to it, I kept trying to remember this song my dad likes to sing about some guy who gets on the T and doesn't have enough money to get off, so he has to ride the train forever. I knew the song was from the 60s, so I asked every American over the age of 35 I could find, in hopes that someone remembered.

An awful lot of people now think I'm nuts.

But I had some vindication when I got to Back Bay station and saw that Boston calls its MetroCard a "Charlie Card." I knew the guy in the song was named Charlie.

Still, no one knew a thing about the song.

Then, a break through. We got five inches of snow today, so I got a day off of work. I had time to search the internet for this. And immediately send it to the people who currently think I'm crazy.

Now if only I could find proof of that TV show from the early nineties that only lasted four episodes...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home