...there's no place like the Turnpike

A displaced Jersey girl who adjusted to life in Kentucky just in time to head back home.

Friday, July 18, 2008

Frightening things I have seen my fellow motorists doing

1. Applying makeup. While in motion.
2. Reading the newspaper. While in motion.
3. Turning completely around to yell at children/pets.
4. Clearly not wearing seatbelts.
5. Eating, drinking, smoking and generally not watching the road.
6. Driving with one foot up on the steering wheel.
7. Studying for an exam. On the interstate. At 80 mph.
8. Cleaning ones ears. For like 15 minutes in morning traffic. It was gross.

5 Comments:

At 5:24 AM, Blogger Clarion Content said...

Jersey drivers; you can't make it up any crazier than they live it.

But imagine if this list had been composed after years of driving in Kentucky. (or anywhere waaaaay rural.)

The comparison of NC vs. NJ drivers has boggled my mind more then once. Both crazy, but very, very different.

 
At 7:07 PM, Blogger jerseyaikidogirl said...

I lived in the city in Kentucky and saw all sorts of horrifying things. I think I've blocked most of them out.

 
At 8:12 AM, Blogger Clarion Content said...

I did college in Indiana most horrifying driver thing there: the dip spit bottle half full between the front seats or resting against the gear shift.

 
At 7:11 AM, Blogger Sue I. said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 7:13 AM, Blogger Sue I. said...

I once watched a very pretty female college student stopped at a light-pick her nose and eat the booger.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home