...there's no place like the Turnpike

A displaced Jersey girl who adjusted to life in Kentucky just in time to head back home.

Saturday, July 19, 2008

One more thing I am too high strung for

I just got home from seeing The Dark Knight (It. Was. Awesome.); I loved it. However, much like with reality TV, I spent a large portion of the movie stressed out.

I am not cut out for suspense. I am not cut out for difficult situations that I can't change. I apparently can't even handle fictional situations. I'm sure there are plenty of psychologists out there who could write entire dissertations on what it means that television and movies stress me out.

Oh, and if you want a weird experience, go out and see The Dark Knight and then come home and watch the 1989 Batman with Jack Nicholson as The Joker. The contrast is so stark it's making my brain hurt.

1 Comments:

At 4:31 PM, Blogger Clarion Content said...

I couldn't watch anything at all for hours after watching the Dark Knight. It was sooooooooo much sensory input, so much to digest.

The visuals alone could have stressed anyone out, but the themes too, whew.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home