...there's no place like the Turnpike

A displaced Jersey girl who adjusted to life in Kentucky just in time to head back home.

Friday, June 26, 2009

Ways to really bug me

Here are some things you can do if you are ever looking for ways to really annoy me:
1. Cut me off and then slam on your brakes.
2. When I send you a document to review, reformat the whole thing before you send it back to me (my manager loves to do this).
3. In the aforementioned document, correct my grammar so that it is wrong.
4. Leave an empty container of anything put away on the shelf (this pertains to both things at work and home, i.e., empty toilet paper rolls).
5. Park in more than one parking space.
6. Stop moving and have a conversation in a narrow passage or doorway.
7. Be really really late and don't have a good excuse like "My dog was hit by a car."
8. Ask me a question and then argue with me about why my answer is wrong.

4 Comments:

At 8:03 PM, Blogger Sue I. said...

I have had many of these things....its very hard to live in this world. I yelled at an editor of an article based on 3 once. Dave works with all guys--they haven't replaced a toilet roll in 10 years. the last thing....I've had that happen too--that one is horrible--sometimes on that one you have to call them out on it.

 
At 8:55 AM, Blogger jerseyaikidogirl said...

I used to work with a guy who did the last one all the time. It's on my mind because my intern did it this week. I almost had to kill him and that would have been bad. Especially since you aren't taking the NJ Bar and wouldn't be able to represent me.

 
At 7:58 PM, Blogger Elizabeth Stetson said...

Welcome home! We missed you and this is how everyone here lets you know it.

 
At 3:00 PM, Blogger -blessed holy socks, the non-perishable-zealot said...

This’ll help greatly: Q: Why should you love our exploded plethora of produce which’ll plant the seeds for YOU to grow to great heights?? PROCEED AT YOUR OWN RISK:

A: Greetings, earthling. Not sure if we're on the same page if you saw what I saw. Because I was an actual NDE on the outskirts of the Great Beyond at 15 yet wasn’t allowed in, lemme share with you what I actually know Seventh-Heaven’s Big-Bang’s gonna be like for us if ya believe/accept: meet this ultra-bombastic, ex-mortal-Upstairs for the most extra-blatant, catch-22-excitotoxins, myriads of cogently-ironic-metaphors, guhroovaliciousnessly-delicious-endorphin-rush, pleasure-beyond-measure, Ultra-Firepower-Idyllic-Addiction in the Great Beyond for a BIG-ol, kick-off-to-kick-ass, party-hardy, robust-N-risqué, eternal-real-McCoy-warp-drive you DO NOT wanna miss the sink-your-teeth-in-the-rrrock’nNsmmmokin’-hot-deal: PLEASE KEEP HANDS/FEET INSIDE THE RIDE UNTIL WE MADE A CIRCUMFERENCE OF the OUTSTANDING, NEVER-ENDING, THRILLIONTH-RED-MARKER-POSSIBILITIES …with eXtra eXciting eXtroverts doing the most vivid, brazen congrewnts: flawless as pearls, baby, from the Toyster Upstairs!!! Gain altitude, not attitude, and take front-row-seats, as the inexhaustible, irresistible intimacy shall blow-your-fragile-mind to peaces, miss gorgeous. Meet me Upstairs. Do that for us. Cya soon, girl…

PS “It is impossible that anyone should NOT receive all that they have believed and hoped to obtain; it gives Me great pleasure when they hope great things from Me and I will always give them more than they expect”
-Our Lord to Saint Gertrude

 

Post a Comment

<< Home