...there's no place like the Turnpike

A displaced Jersey girl who adjusted to life in Kentucky just in time to head back home.

Thursday, July 20, 2006

Invaded Space

What to do when someone/thing invades your personal space? What to do when that someone/thing isn't exactly a physical object, but a foul smell.

On the elliptical machine at the gym. The fellow next to me is running hard and drenched in sweat. He smells like a dead animal hiding at the bottom of a teenage boy's gym locker.

It's very hard to run two miles while mouth breathing.

Would it have qualified as rude for me to say "Sir, you smell like a dead animal hiding under a 14 year old boy's dirty sneakers, could you please move to a different machine?"

Luckily for me, I was watching a Seventh Heaven rerun (well, listening to one, I was also stuck on the machine where the TV can't hold a picture) and Reverend Camden and his cheesy children just have a calming effect on me.

3 Comments:

At 5:15 AM, Blogger wonderturtle said...

I know those ellipticals are in high demand, but that's the time to bail, man.

 
At 5:41 AM, Blogger jerseyaikidogirl said...

It was the only cariod equipment available in the area where you get your own TV. In the other area, you're forced to watch Golden Girls reruns and VH1.

 
At 4:17 PM, Blogger wonderturtle said...

You say that like it's a bad thing. Welcome to my couch.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home