...there's no place like the Turnpike

A displaced Jersey girl who adjusted to life in Kentucky just in time to head back home.

Monday, August 07, 2006

Slow news day in the 'Ville (now, with photos)


At least, that's what I assume it was. The top news item all day was the fact that this man, one Mick Jagger, and his little group of musicians had added a concert at the famous Churchill Downs sometime this year. This was the biggest news anyone had to report all day. It was annoying.

I mean, the Rolling Stones are okay and all, don't get me wrong. I'm not sure I'd pay $300 to be in a large crowd watching them strut about the infield, though. Mick is older than my dad. I don't think I want to see someone older than my did in those pants, strutting around singing suggestive lyrics. It make me feel icky.

Why can't famous people grow old gracefully? The Boss and Mick are the same age, how come he's found a way to adapt with grace.

And with baggier pants.

1 Comments:

At 8:48 PM, Blogger wonderturtle said...

Maybe the South just doesn't see enough bulge.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home