...there's no place like the Turnpike

A displaced Jersey girl who adjusted to life in Kentucky just in time to head back home.

Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Fall Return

I'm finally back from....well....from some sort of moody little cocoon in which I had nothing nice to say so I followed Thumper's mom's rule and said nothing at all.

Wonderturtle posted a list of differences between her life in summer and her life in fall, which got me thinking about my own differences. However, Wonderturtle is a high school teacher, she lives an entirely separate life in summer. I, on the other hand, am a boring corporate research scientist. My days' look a lot alike.

Now that fall is here, my Fridays go all the way till the end of the day. You don't appreciate short Fridays until you lose them.

Now that fall is here, I have a lot more traffic (and school buses) to contend with in the morning.

Now that fall is here, my co-op student is around a lot less. Less time with the extra hands; less time spent trying to manage the scientific equivalent of an un-housebroken puppy.

Now that fall is here, the gym is crowded with teenagers convinced that this year they will make varsity.

Now that fall is here, maybe I will go back into my cocoon.

2 Comments:

At 7:33 AM, Blogger wonderturtle said...

Weird that in September you may go back into your cocoon and I have to come out.

 
At 4:58 PM, Blogger Sue I. said...

I have to go to my happy place several times a day.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home