...there's no place like the Turnpike

A displaced Jersey girl who adjusted to life in Kentucky just in time to head back home.

Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Why Children and Puppies are So Cute

This past Saturday, my sister came over with almost-three-year-old Jack to go swimming. In the solitary 15 second interval when no one was in the room with him, Jack managed to find a Sharpie marker and scribble on my only recently paid off sofa.

We had the foresight to pay extra for the stain guarding, so the marker came out immediately. My sister suffers from some distorted yuppie notion that she need not discipline her son, so all he really got was a stern talking to. I also let him know that he was lucky it had come out because if he hadn't he would have been banned from my house until he was 18.

Then, he got he sweetest look on his face, apologized and hugged me. As a proper indulgent aunt, I immediately melted. At this rate, Jack just may live to see four.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home