...there's no place like the Turnpike

A displaced Jersey girl who adjusted to life in Kentucky just in time to head back home.

Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Everyone in the (car)pool!

In my ongoing quest to do my part (and save some gas money), I started carpooling to work. I haven't been in a carpool since Kathleen Robbins' mom used to drive me to cheerleading practice. It's different as an adult.

I frequently work with my fellow carpooler and we have a good relationship, so we have plenty to talk about on the ride in (at least today), but I feel like we should have a "no talking shop in the car" rule.

But it's weird being in someone else's car (or even commuting with someone else in your car). Do I have to drive safer? Is it okay to openly vent my spleen at my fellow motorists (in a strictly metaphorical sense)? Can I talk back to the radio, as I am prone to do? Have I just given up two precious hours of "me time"?

4 Comments:

At 1:34 PM, Blogger Sue I. said...

How come I not know you were cheerleader?

 
At 6:34 PM, Blogger jerseyaikidogirl said...

how did Hulk not know?

 
At 4:57 PM, Blogger Sue I. said...

You not tell Hulk--knew about field hockey only. Not same thing.

 
At 7:59 PM, Blogger jerseyaikidogirl said...

they both involve scary girls in skirts.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home