...there's no place like the Turnpike

A displaced Jersey girl who adjusted to life in Kentucky just in time to head back home.

Saturday, October 25, 2008

Kinda sad in this day and age

I'm watching my sister's kids this weekend. Matt is 1 and Jack is 4.
I was putting Jack to bed and reading him Curious George Goes to the Hospital when he said to me, "My daddy is a doctor. Boys are doctors and girls are nurses." I said, "No your mommy is a doctor and she's a girl." He said, "No-oh. My daddy is a doctor and my mommy is a nurse because she's a girl."
I thought we were past that.
At least with little boys whose mommies are doctors.

2 Comments:

At 5:28 PM, Blogger Sue I. said...

Maybe the "retro" kids books are not as awesome as we remember? As much I love the Curious George--I think the Man With the Yellow Hat is a colonialist pig. I mean he comes in steals him from his native home, gets him hooked on ether, I think ends up in the hospital several times--I mean George was better off before.

 
At 9:07 AM, Blogger wonderturtle said...

Ouch.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home