...there's no place like the Turnpike

A displaced Jersey girl who adjusted to life in Kentucky just in time to head back home.

Monday, October 06, 2008

Hour of my life I will never get back and how I lost them

1. Those three hours I spent watching consecutive Kelly Martin movies of the week on ABC Family.
2. Time spent talking to the really vapid girl I used to work with in Kentucky.
3. That horrible movie, what was it? Oh yeah, Love or Something Like It.
4. The eight hours I lost coming up with a Halloween costume senior year of college.
5. Any time I spent trying to get my mother-in-law help plan my wedding.
6. Shopping with my sister. She's really indecisive.
7. Most of the sixth grade.
8. Getting on the one train all day that didn't stop where I needed to go.
9. Since June, I have spent about 8 hours listening to excuses why my intern can't/won't/didn't do what I need done.
10. My obsession with beating "My Sims" on the Wii.
11. Many many many reruns of The Brady Bunch and Saved By the Bell.
12. Those two lectures on dirt back in my college ecology class.
13. Time spent trying to convince a certain college roommate that another college roommate's life wasn't "empty and sad" because she wasn't compulsively religious.

3 Comments:

At 6:00 PM, Blogger Sue I. said...

How about waiting next to your science fair project? Or is that covered by the sixth grade? How about waiting in line at Target?

 
At 4:51 PM, Blogger wonderturtle said...

I am very proud to be a part of more than one of these lost hours. And next time you have a Kellie Martinathon, invite me lady!

 
At 7:01 PM, Blogger jerseyaikidogirl said...

Hulk: for a future scientist, waiting next to your science fair project is "training"
WT: The Kellie Martinathon was way spontaneous. It began when I stumbled upon "The Face on the Milk Carton"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home