...there's no place like the Turnpike

A displaced Jersey girl who adjusted to life in Kentucky just in time to head back home.

Thursday, September 18, 2008

Float like a butterfly...

I took my first boxing class tonight. There's not actual fighting, but it's actual boxing training. 

The Kentucky boy and I signed up for the class at our gym on a whim. It's taught by a mini-Rocky who apparently was an actual boxer for many years. All we knew was that it would be some sort of circuit training involving boxing.

What it was turned out to be an hour long ass kicking. By the end of the shadow boxing, my arms were tired.

Then he said to do three minutes  on the heavy bag. Which doesn't sound like much.

Until 45 seconds in when you can't move your arms any more.

It was tiring, but it was awesome. Now I will be badass in two countries!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home