...there's no place like the Turnpike

A displaced Jersey girl who adjusted to life in Kentucky just in time to head back home.

Thursday, November 20, 2008

Nice try...

A guy I did improv with in college is now the warm-up guy for a popular talk show host. He's living this fabulous life out in California, and every so often I get these mass emails with fabulous tales of life in the land of TV. His most recent one involved some pretty impressive one-on-one time with the aforementioned talk show host.

I replied to his email with some comments about how exciting his life is, especially in comparison to the land of the consumer-products company microbiologist. His answer was sweet. He tried to claim that he finds what I do equally fascinating and exciting.

Yeah. Nice effort. Miley Cyrus and Jessica Simpson never turn up where I work.

3 Comments:

At 5:44 PM, Blogger Sue I. said...

I'll bet he doesn't have a retirement fund. Wait, what little I had is gone now....crap that argument no longer works. Is it Ellen? 'cuz that would be sweet. 'Course being the warm up for the Colbert Report or Daily Show ---that would really make me jealous.

 
At 7:31 PM, Blogger jerseyaikidogirl said...

Dude, how on earth, out of all the talk shows in the world, did you guess that?

 
At 2:33 PM, Blogger Sue I. said...

Because I am awesome.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home